Did you know that MidTown Cleveland hosts more than 650 organizations and over 18,000 workers in our neighborhood? Our #MidTownCLEMembers campaign is an attempt to capture just some of the amazing work and innovative leaders from all across the Town. As we work together to create a connected community, we’ll be working to highlight different organizations across all spectrums of work in the hopes of sharing some of our amazing diverse assets.
For April 2020, we’re excited to spotlight Dress For Success Cleveland – The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
1. How long has your organization been located in MidTown? Dress for Success Cleveland moved into the Midtown area in 2004 when we established an affiliation with Vocational Guidance Services.
2. What are three words to describe your organization? Educate, Encourage & Empower
3. What is something new and/or exciting that we can look forward to from your organization within the next year?
We have 2 new, very exciting initiatives! First, in 2020 DFSC opened our job retention services, PWG (Professional Women’s Group), Let’s Talk About It, is now open to all working women in the community. You no longer have to have come through the DFSC network of services to engage in discussions with other women, about holistic development matters of concern to all women. We value the diversity and support this open platform can provide working women to maintain balance and to discover their power. For now, this curriculum will be offered virtually; however we look forward to hosting week day evening events, as well as Saturday morning engagements in the future.
Secondly, when we are able to resume healthy socialization, DFSC is looking to bring our Boutique on Wheels to a location near you! Boutique On Wheels is our job readiness services inclusive of mock interview days, resume development and the offering of an actual boutique-like service. Boutique On Wheels allows us to remove barriers of transportation, time and technology and enable us to serve more women in our community. In the meantime, we are providing virtual services. Please contact us to keep your interview skills and tools prepared so you are ready to present your best self! Contact us at DFSC@dressforsuccesscleveland.org or by calling 216-881-6048.
4. Where are your team members’ favorite spots in MidTown? University Circle museums: The Children’s Museum of Cleveland, The Cleveland Museum of Art and Severance Hall. We believe these organizations embrace diversity and inclusion!
5. Complete this sentence “Our dream is for MidTown to….” Our dream is for MidTown to become the heartbeat of the city, a must see visit area for tourists and Clevelanders.