- This event has passed.
November 1, 2020 - November 30, 2020
MidTown Cleveland is joining the national movement to support small businesses, but not just on Small Business Saturday. During November, we’re kicking off a month-long promotion of MidTown and AsiaTown small businesses, and it all leads up to the national shopping holiday, Small Business Saturday, on Saturday, November 28, 2020.
Help us support local small businesses by completing the #ShopSmallCrawl challenge. As you complete each activity, post a picture on social media with the #ShopSmallCrawl hashtag, and make sure to tag us on the following sites:
Complete at least six challenges for a chance to win a MidTown Gift Pack! This bundle will include at least $100 worth of snacks and goodies from small businesses in AsiaTown and MidTown.
Your participation in #ShopSmallCrawl will help the MidTown Cleveland and AsiaTown neighborhoods continue to grow and thrive, given that for every dollar spent at a small business in the U.S., approximately 67 cents stays in the local community. Furthermore, each dollar spent spurs an additional 50 cents in local business activity. Supporting small and local businesses is the best way to support our vibrant communities, and you are directly supporting a community member and family, often the person behind the counter.
So grab your friends, family, and co-workers and do the #ShopSmallCrawl!
Here are some tips for your shop local adventure:
- Fuel up! Order takeout, dine in, or grab a snack for your trip. You can find coffee, soul food, pad thai, dim sum, bubble tea, fresh artisan bagels and sandwiches, and more in MidTown!
- Explore specialty grocers. Fresh, dried, and frozen pastas, gourmet cheeses, pizza supplies, roast duck, nori, and snacks galore.
- Gift now for pampering later. Purchase gift certificates for concerts, restaurants, shops, or facials. The perfect stocking stuffer!
- Share the love online. Write reviews on Google, Yelp, or Facebook, and post photos to local shops and restaurants. Leave shopping tips for future customers.
- Think small for B2B. MidTown is home to a large ecosystem of small businesses, so think MidTown first – be it copying and printing, hardware, restaurant equipment, photography, website and tech needs, security, or legal services.
- Angie’s Soul Cafe
- Cafe Phix
- Children’s Museum of Cleveland
- Cleveland Bagel
- Cleveland Kitchen (order online, or find at Dave’s Market or Whole Foods!)
- Dagu Rice Noodle
- Dodd Camera & Video
- Gallucci’s Italian Market
- Good Harvest Food Market
- Han Kabob Restaurant
- Koko Bakery
- Legend Headwear
- Li Wah Restaurant
- Map of Thailand
- Souper Market
- Szechuan Gourmet
- Tink Holl Food Market
- Wonton Gourmet & BBQ